Its enthusiastic young owners took over this former municipal site in 2011 and have transformed it into a delightful location for an overnight stop or for a longer stay. Bookings area accepted all year round via email. It has 100 pitches of which 80 are available for touring units with ten occupied by chalets to rent and eight by seasonal units. Pitches are generally large and level, separated by young bushes and all with 10A electrical connections available. Those along the river bank have delightful views along the Aisne river, though access is via a coded gate in the secure fence. The town is quite attractive and is worthy of an evening stroll.
Just west of the town, is the Chemin des Dames, Monument des Chars d’Assaut – a memorial to the WW1 tank campaign at Berry-au-Bac, with two remarkably well preserved tanks. Further to the west is the Caverne du Dragon, a former stone quarry which sheltered troops during the 1914-18 conflict, and which is now a museum depicting everyday life on the front line. To the south lies the historic city of Reims with its spectacular cathedral and numerous shops, bars and restaurants – not to mention its famous Champagne houses; it can be reached easily by train from the nearby station, from where there is also a service to the city of Laon to the northwest. To the south of Reims lies the forest of the Parc Naturel Régional de la Montagne and, beyond, the town of Epernay, surrounded by champagne vineyards, many offering opportunities to taste their wares.