Long walks through beautiful scenery, relaxing drinks and meals while out exploring and of course, romantic evenings watching the world around your campfire. This is why a couples camping holiday is the perfect excuse for a romantic holiday and a relaxing break all in one.
With the current situation, many of us are finding that we need to seek alternatives to our usual holidays abroad. But with so many beautiful places so close to our doorsteps, now is the perfect time to discover local beauty spots and take a relaxing break away together.
Couples who camp together, stay together
The great news is that some local travel restrictions are lifting and we can all start to head out and explore this beautiful country. There is no better holiday choice right now than a socially distant camping holiday with a loved one. That's why we have put together this helpful list of some of the Best UK campsites for couples.
Broadhembury Caravan & Camping Park - Ashford, Kent
This is a quiet and relaxing website with all the facilities you need for a couples break. It manages to maintain the peaceful, natural atmosphere loved by campers but is within easy reach of London and many road links all over the country.
This isn't a strictly an adults-only campsite, but there are designated areas for families and a quiet area for couples with luxury amenities included. This makes this a fantastic campsite that contains all the facilities you might want whilst also enabling you to pitch up in a quieter area.
Facilities and amenities include:
- An ecologically considered toilet block for the couples areas
- Laundry room that is well-equipped and ready to use
- A campers kitchen, including microwaves, a fridge and a freezer
- A shop well-stocked with local produce
- Internet access
- A games room if you want to venture into the family areas
- A campers herb garden
- You can even take your dog if you contact the site beforehand!
- A great base for exploring and walking
Broadhembury Caravan & Camping Park, Kent
Stroud Hill Park - Pidley, Cambridgeshire
A purely adults-only campsite, Stroud Hill ensures it maintains a high quality all year round and situated perfectly for exploring the East of England and beyond. You have a choice of tent pitches and fully serviced touring pitches, some of which are hard-standing. All pitches are situated in a beautifully landscaped park.
This is the perfect park for kicking back and relaxing. You can get some exercise by making the most of the excellent tennis courts or head out for an adventure. The terraced park even boasts a well-stocked fishing lake!
If that wasn't enough, this park has a host of quality facilities to make your couples camping trip all the more relaxing.
- A small, friendly site that is perfect for relaxing
- The park is open all year round
- On-site fishing
- There is a bar and restaurant on-site for you to enjoy a quiet drink and meal
- WiFi available
- A well-stocked shop
- You can take your pets with you too
Stroud Hill Park, Cambridge
Trevalgan Touring Park - Saint Ives, Cornwall
Situated on the cliffs overlooking the sea and not far from Saint Ives in Cornwall Trevalgan is a touring and tent campsite that offers a truly natural experience with stunning views! This is a fantastic park if you want to take the opportunity to get lots of walking into your holiday. There are plenty of trails and walks right on the doorstep of the campsite.
This is a campsite suitable for both nature-loving families and couples with all the facilities you could want for a relaxing trip to the coast.
- Near to the beach for long coastal walks and relaxing opportunities
- There is golf, bike hire, fishing, horse riding and an indoor pool nearby, so you are spoilt for choice if you want to experience some outdoor activities
- On-site shop for all your essential needs
- WiFi available in some areas
Trevalgan Touring Park, Cornwall
Lee Valley Campsite - Chingford, London
Being so close to London and within easy reach of transport links you wouldn't expect to find a campsite quite as nature friendly as Lee Valley, but this is a campsite that manages to pair ease of travel with nature perfectly.
Situated close to Epping Forest and with beautiful views over the King George Reservoir, you have plenty of opportunities to relax and enjoy the company of your loved one. If you are looking for a site with easy access to walks, hikes, cycle rides and plenty of nature to explore, then this is perfect, and the site has some impressive facilities too:
- Two refurbished facilities blocks that include a baby changing area and laundry facilities
- A well-stocked on-site shop for everything you need
- Fishing, horse riding and golf are available nearby
- A takeaway food van is on-site three times a week for easy meals
- WiFi available
Lee Valley Campsite - London
The Hop Farm Campsite - Paddock Wood, Kent
Kent is known as the garden of England for good reason and taking a trip to The Hop Farm Campsite is a fantastic way to experience all that this area has to offer. This is a family orientated campsite, but that doesn't mean that couples can't enjoy it too, especially if you are looking for a holiday packed with things to do and a campsite full of facilities and amenities.
If facilities are what you look for in a campsite, then this is the place for you. The site is geared up to host festivals and shows throughout the summer months.
It doesn't stop there! There is more to benefit from when staying at this campsite:
- This is a large campsite with over 300 pitches and facilities to match. Some of these pitches are electric pitches
- With a bar and restaurant on-site, you can stop for a quick drink or a relaxing meal before heading back to your tent or caravan
- For those who love to fish, there is on-site fishing available that adds something extra to the natural feel of the park
- There is plenty to do in the area too with golf, an indoor pool, riding and more nearby
The Hop Farm Campsite, Kent
Trevornick Holiday Park - Newquay, Cornwall
Trevornick is a family-run holiday park with a whole host of facilities and amenities to enjoy. This is primarily a family caravan park, but with so many facilities this is a park that anyone can enjoy.
This park is situated close to one of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall; take in the sea air, spend time relaxing on the beach together or take a romantic stroll along the coast.
At the park, you can enjoy the best in entertainment program for adults only, a restaurant that can provide every meal if you wish and you can even take in a round or two of golf. If fishing is more your style, then there are three fishing lakes nearby! For a relaxing couples holiday, you can take the time to visit the spa facilities which include a jacuzzi, solarium and a sauna.
This is a park packed full of facilities and amenities for your convenience.
- A choice of accommodation to rent or pitches for tents or caravans
- Modern toilet and shower blocks, some of which have a heated floor
- A well-equipped laundry block
- Tranquillity spa facilities so you can spend some relaxing time together
- The beach is only a five minute drive from the park
- Outdoor, heated pool on site so you can go for a swim
- A restaurant and bar are on-site for you to enjoy. You can eat every meal in the restaurant if you choose to!
- WiFi available
- Bike hire on-site
- There are plenty of walking and cycling opportunities nearby so you can spend your day exploring nature and then come back to the park to enjoy an evening meal or drink before heading back to your accommodation to rest and relax
Trevornick Holiday Park, Cornwall
You can browse our website for more campsites, use the Adult-only filter to view campsites that cater only for adults.
England, South East, Kent, Ashford
In quiet countryside just outside Ashford and within easy reach of London, Dover,...Featured Campsite
England, East of England, Cambridgeshire, Pidley
Open all year round for adults only, Stroud Hill Park is a well designed, high quality...
England, South West, Cornwall, Saint Ives
Trevalgan is a quiet, traditional style of park, on the cliffs 2 miles from Saint...Featured CampsiteIncluded in our guides:
2016, 2015, 2014
England, London, Chingford
This attractive site provides an excellent base from which to visit London, having...Featured CampsiteIncluded in our guides:
2020, 2016, 2015
England, South East, Kent, Paddock Wood
Set in 400 acres of the Garden of England, The Hop Farm Touring & Camping Park is a...Featured CampsiteIncluded in our guides:
2020, 2019, 2018
England, South West, Cornwall, Newquay
Trevornick, once a working farm, is a busy and well run family touring park providing...Featured CampsiteIncluded in our guides:
2020, 2016, 2015