In a quiet location arranged around two lakes and set amidst beautiful alpine scenery, this site, founded in 1930, is renowned as one of Austria’s top sites. Over the last few years many improvements have been carried out and pride of place goes to the innovative, award-winning, multifunctional building at the entrance to the site. This contains all the sanitary facilities expected of a top site, including a special section for children, private bathrooms to rent and also a dog bath. The reception, shop and café/bar/bistro are on the ground floor and on the upper floor is a panoramic lounge and cinema. Almost all of the 200 generous pitches are for tourers. They are terraced, set on gravel/grass, and all have electricity; most have water and drainage. Most offer a splendid view of the mountains.
The site’s lakeside restaurant with bar and large terrace has a good menu and is the ideal place to spend the evening. With a bus every hour and the city centre only 19 minutes away this is also a good site from which to visit Innsbruck. The Innsbruck Welcome Card is available at reception when staying for a minimum of 2 nights and allows free bus transport in the city, as well as a number of discounts for tourist attractions. There is also a daily choice of walking tours to suit all levels of activity. The resort invests in new additions yearly, for example in innovative glamping accommodations and brand new sanitary facilities.