Camping of any nature will likely be a brilliant experience, no matter the time of year or location of your choice. With thousands of fantastic campsites to choose from around Europe, you’re sure to find the perfect setting for your next trip away.
If you’re all booked up and eager to set off, there’s just one thing left to do – pack. However, this isn’t a process you should rush. With any form of camping there are a number of essential items you need to bring along, so it pays to create a comprehensive list and tick each off as it’s packed away.
To help you avoid rolling up to the campsite without something you’ll desperately need, print off and use the following checklist.
Also, if you can think of anything else we’ve missed, please comment below and we’ll make sure to add it in.
Whether you bring along a caravan or motorhome, you’ll likely want to bring along an awning. This can be assembled reasonably quickly with practice, whilst giving you an opportunity to have more space.
If you’ve an awning, don’t forget:
- Entrance mat
- Dustpan and brush
When camping you’ll have the choice of cooking your own meals, using offsite facilities or venturing into the nearby village, town or city. If you’ll be cooking up your own culinary delights, ensure to bring along everything you need.
- Ice cooler
- Matches or lighter
- Plates, bowls, cutlery, cups and glasses
- Saucepans and woks
- Spatula, wooden spoon and tongs
- Aluminium foil or Clingfilm
- Bin liners
- Folding table and chairs for outside use
- Washing up liquid and dishcloths
- Mixing bowls and measuring jugs
- Chopping board
- Bottle opener, tin opener and vegetable peeler.
You’re not likely to forget your clothes, but what’s important is to pack responsibly and consider any adverse weather that may hit the campsite. Also consider your wash items and any other personals you’ll bring.
- Trainers, walking shoes and wellies
- Shorts and t-shirts
- Smart and casual trousers / jeans
- Waterproof coat
- Sleeping clothes
- Swimming costume
- Laundry bag
- Soap, shampoo and body wash
- Hair brush, hair straighteners and hair dryer
- Toilet paper
- Any personal medication
- Female products.
Extra bits and bobs
It’s in this list there’ll probably be a few items you wouldn’t think about off the cuff, but each is important for your camping trip.
- First aid kit, including antiseptic wipes, painkillers, sun cream, bug spray, plasters and bandaging, scissors and tweezers
- Torch and extra batteries
- Spare light bulbs
- A camera or video recorder
- Books or Kindle/tablet
- Pack of cards, games and children’s toys (if applicable)
- Mobile phone & electronic device chargers
- Coffee, tea bags and milk.
There you have it; a comprehensive checklist of things to remember before setting off for your next camping trip. There’s a lot to remember and as such, you’re bound to forget a few items.
Remember, if there’s anything we’ve left off the checklist, comment below and we’ll add it in.