New Zealand Discovery
New Zealand could have been made for travelling around in a motorhome, with each journey being an experience all in itself. The diversity of the country means even a short drive finds you in a new and wonderful destination. From snow-capped mountains and volcanoes to stunning coastlines and the unique Maori culture, there is so much waiting to be discovered.
Complete this escorted tour in a motorhome from November to April - prices start from £4,999pp.
At a glance
- 36 day escorted tour
- Prices start from £4,999pp
- Departs November to April 2018/19
- Return international flights included
- Motorhome hire and accommodation included
- Led by an experienced New Zealand tour leader
For more information call us on 01580 214089
What to expect
On this relaxed 36 day holiday, you'll be able to discover New Zealand at your own pace, with everything taken care of for you and help and support on hand. Enjoy the best that Aotearoa, the Maori name for the country, has to offer.
As part of the trip, you'll receive return international flights from the UK, 2 nights at the start of the tour in a Christchurch in a 4-star hotel plus 2 nights at the end in Auckland, also in a 4-star hotel. Also included is a Traditional Maori hangi (feast), InterIslander ferry crossing, Skyline Gondola & Restaurant and a Milford Sound Nature cruise.
You'll have free use of the motorhome for 29 nights (suitable for your party size) and nights on pre-booked campsites, with unlimited mileage and motorhome insurance so you can explore New Zealand hassle-free.
Your vehicle kit will include cutlery and crockery plus sleeping bags, towels and pillows, and a personalised road book with travel tips and a day-to-day driving itinerary with local area information and full driving instructions suitable for motorhomes.
Christchurch to Te Anau
- Make your way to Lake Tekapo and Mt Cook National Park
- Travel through the Waitaki Valley to Dunedin
- Explore the diverse wildlife of the Otago Peninsula
- Spend a few days exploring Te Anau, the gateway to the Fiordland National Park
Queenstown to Blenheim
- Travel through to Queenstown and Lake Wanaka
- Explore Abel Tasman National Park on foot, by kayak or on a leisurely boat cruise
- Explore Blenheim in the Marlborough wine region before taking the Interislander ferry to the North Island
Wellington to Lake Taupo
- Drive north from Lake Taupo to Wellington, the nation’s capital
- Explore the rural heartland of the Wairarapa region
- Discover the volcanic and geothermal wonders of Rotorua
Bay of Plenty to Auckland
- Drive along the volcanic plateau of the Bay of Plenty
- Visit the Coromandel Peninsula and Hot Water Beach
- Head north along the Hibiscus Coast to Paihia in the Bay of Islands
- Explore the city of Auckland at your leisure