Situation Vacant - Reservations & Operations Executive - Worldwide
Reports to: Product and Purchasing Manager - Worldwide
Responsible for: No staff reporting
Working Hours: Full-time – 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Based at: Spelmonden Old Oast, Goudhurst, Kent TN17 1HE
Working in a small team, you will be dealing with enquiries and looking to advise members & customers on the best options for them.
To drive sales and provide a high level of customer service at all times.
To assist in the preparation, booking, organisation and operation of the holidays.
- Generate bookings to enable the Worldwide business to achieve its sales & revenue targets
- Develop a full understanding of the Worldwide product, to be able to confidently advise customers of their holiday options
- Key point of contact for all Worldwide customers from their initial enquiry, booking and payment through to making the necessary travel, hotel and transfer arrangements for their holidays and assisting customers pre & post departure
- Ensuring all bookings and customer details are accurately recorded in the TMS reservation system and that the appropriate booking documentation is sent to the customers
- Responsible for the administration of bookings for Worldwide including liaising with suppliers to make and confirm bookings, preparing holiday documentation and ticketing and dealing with changes from suppliers and/or customers
- Assist with the set-up & maintenance of holidays in the TMS reservation system
- Responsible for handling, & resolving where possible, customer complaints (written & telephone) and the handling of responses to customers
- Liaise with suppliers and representatives as required, to ensure the holidays operate smoothly, establishing good relationships & cooperative communications with them
- Support the Product and Purchasing Manager - Worldwide with the development and promotion of the Worldwide product, liaising with internal departments as required
- Attend travel shows to promote the worldwide products
- Assist with admin and maintenance of the website(s)
- Assisting with other areas of the business as and when required on an ad-hoc basis
The role of Reservations & Operations Executive has access to Restricted and Confidential data including member, worker, volunteer, business data and customer payment cardholder data such as debit and credit card details. This information must only be collected and processed in line with all regulations from the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), the Data Protection Act, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards as well as all Caravan and Motorhome Club & Alan Rogers Travel policies and procedures.
- Strong sales skills to convert enquiries into bookings
- Experience in Travel Sales
- Strong people skills – friendly and a team player
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills with experience of customer care / complaint handling and resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus excellent numeric ability
- Professional fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Passion for travel and for working in the travel industry
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with a range of tasks with conflicting priorities
- Flexible attitude to working in a dynamic environment and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, adapting to new systems and procedures as required
- Able to work on own initiative
Additionally, the successful candidate will have to demonstrate the following:
- Good destination knowledge of Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and Southern Africa is preferable
- Experience of booking long haul flights & stopovers
- Passion and enthusiasm for all aspects of the business, as the role will be exposed to a variety of areas, with the potential for career development as the business grows
- You must have at least 2 years experience of working in travel - Please provide examples.
- Due to the rural location of our office, you must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle? Please confirm that you meet these criteria.
The position will be based at the Alan Rogers office in Goudhurst, Kent, however a mix of home working and office based working is available following the initial training period. Travel to events & trade shows in the UK will be required from time to time and travel overseas may be required when assisting with the development or promotion of the product.
To apply please send an email along with a covering letter to Chris Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org